- Jörg M Fegert, University Hospital Ulm
- Benedetto Vitiello, National Institute of Mental Health
- Lutz Goldbeck, University Hospital Ulm
- Christian Kieling, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
- Choon Guan Lim, Institute of Mental Health
- Jacinta Tan, Swansea University
- Astrid Fidika, University Hospital Ulm
- Diana C M Seitz, University Hospital Ulm
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health is the official journal of the International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions (IACAPAP).
DFG funded articles
A grant from the Public German Federal Research Organization (DFG) enabled us to waive the APCs for selected articles published in CAPMH which reported important findings of outstanding merit. Information regarding DFG funding can be found in the ‘Acknowledgements’ section of the selected articles.
Aims & scope
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health is an open access, online journal that provides an international platform for rapid and comprehensive scientific communication on child and adolescent mental health across different cultural backgrounds.
The journal is aimed at clinicians and researchers focused on improving the knowledge base for the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of mental health conditions in children and adolescents. In addition, aspects which are still underrepresented in the traditional journals such as neurobiology and neuropsychology of psychiatric disorders in childhood and adolescence are considered as well. CAPMH aims to help integrate basic science, clinical research and practical implementation of research findings.
Why publish in CAPMH?
- High visibility of your research worldwide via the internet (increases citation rates).
- Thorough and timely peer-review.
- Immediate and very fast publication on acceptance.
- Free Accessibility and archiving (PubMed Central full text and PubMed inclusion within days).
- Retention of the copyright by the authors.
Joerg Michael Fegert, Prof. Dr. med. habil., is Medical Director of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychotherapy at the University Hospital of Ulm/Germany. He is a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist and psychotherapist and a board-certified specialist for medical psychotherapy in adults.
"Central to our work in child and adolescent psychiatry are encounters with and between people for developmental advancement: in daily work with families, on scientific congresses, in teaching and research. Still there are fears or prejudices against psychiatry to some extent. Hence, we aim to inform the public and the media transparently about our work and developments in our subject. In research we try to find new ways of treatment and to give empirical support for what we are doing. CAPMH gives the opportunity to do both: coming together with scientists all over the world and across different cultures and informing about latest results in research."
Juvenile and forensic psychiatry
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health 2014, 8:15
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health 2014, 8:5